Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stuff. Enough said.

     Sorry I have not had a post in a while. I have been quite the busy bee. I went to the Feria in my town. It was so different from any fair i have been too in the states. It was mostly advertisements, and supermodels in fancy dresses, and posh show rooms for Ducati's and Porche's. And we went to a really nice cocktail party for Entel, the largest phone company in Bolivia, and there were people dressed up as superheroes and flash drives, and a big fountain with flashy lights and waiters in tux's serving tiny finger food and sushi and wine. It was very nice, so i had to dress up (not my forte) and my mother helped me get ready which I am gratefull for because otherwise I would be a mess.
     Today I went with some Rotarians to their house outside Santa Cruz in the country, by a small town called La Guardia. It was so beautiful, and the view from their land was incredible. We ate at a small German style restaurant and I ate knee of pig! The piece of meat was literally bigger than my head! I couldn't eat all of it. I also had a sort sour craut, which reminded me of Wisconsin. We got fresh mandarins at a produce stand, it was very delicious. It has been a little chilly here, usually it's hotter than Wisconsin summers, but lately it has been like Wisconsin in early Autumn, around 70 degrees,and VERY windy. If any of you are form central Wisconsin and remember that terrible windstorm, well all the time here it is worse than that. I have almost fallen over in the wind.....almost.


   
       So that's what happening in my life now. All week there will be feria and it should be a good time around the 24 for the anniversary of Santa Cruz de la Sierra. I am very exited for all that will come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment