Thursday, September 8, 2011

other exchange students.

Since I'm taking a Spanish class, I have meet other exchange students in Santa cruz, not only from Rotary but also A.F.S. Which also does 1 year exchanges. Today after our class, i went with some new friends to a salsa class. I wasn't prepared at all, but it was fun. After that I met up with Emily, who's an exchange student through Rotary from Indiana, she is in my classes at school. We went for a couple lemonades at a nice restaurant and talked for hours, and explored the area around the main plaza in the center of the city. Also fed chocolate croissant to a stray cat we named Marvin. I had a really great time. And I really love this city. It has been cold and rainy the past couple of days, and will continue. By cold i mean in the 60's. Haha. Everyone is complaining about the mosquitos, but after living in Wisconsin, these mosquitos do not compare. And as far as the smog in the city, everyone is saying how bad it is, but I can only see it at dusk after the sun sets, and its actually pretty, the sky being lit up by the lights of the city. It is truly beautiful here. I am loving every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment