Sunday, September 4, 2011

Leaving the beautiful city of La Paz

Today in La Paz was Dia Sin Coches, day without cars. Yes, a city of over 2 million people went without cars for a whole day. Had to be somewhere? Walk or bike. We used a taxi issued by the hotel because we had to get to the airport which was far away. I only saw like 10 cars. Everyone was biking. Usually the city is packed with cars. There ar so many cars that in order to get a few blocks it takes 10 minutes and a few close encounters with pedestrians or dogs. But today was a day of healthy living. I´m suprised at how the people received the idea of no cars, this rule ws well followed. I don´t think a city this big in america would take to well to this idea.

On the way to the airport, we stopped to see the view. It was truly amazing, a sea of houses and skyscrapers. The people looked like ants and the moutains looked like paintings, they were incredible.
It was one of the most beautful things I have ever seen. And now I have to leave it.

I hope I get to come back to La Paz before I leave. It´s amazing. Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment