Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of School

First time I have been to a private school. First time I wear a uniform. It's actually really easy.It's a lot more relaxed than my school in Waupaca. Made so many new friends!! Got invited to a lot of events, even planning things for New Years! I am happy to have so many people talking to me and helping me with my spanish. Its good to learn things i wouldn't learn in Spanish class. They say I look like Reese Witherspoon. Best. Compliment. Ever. Having a great time! Weather is nice. A little windy this evening.

7 comments:

  1. the water is Lake Titicaca. and im not sure exactly why anyone would buy an alpaca fetus, but the ladies selling them were also selling things for good luck, and blessings of sorts, somaybe good luck or some sort of good wishes for something. im sure it comes from an ancient myth of the gods, as does everything they were selling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that commentt is for my other post.oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I didn't realize Lake Titicaca was so big. Beautiful color.

    Ah... makes sense (about the alpaca fetuses). You're going to learn a lot about local beliefs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how is your Spanish? Can you understand much? I am so glad students are already inviting you places. That makes it so much easier. Glad the transition is going well. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Hailey.... Pronto vas a aprender que espanol esta lleno de palabras bonitas y a causa de que tu puedes hablar dos idiomas, tu vale por dos personas. Es muy divertido. Disfruta! Tio Sam

    ReplyDelete