Friday, September 2, 2011

mi cuerpo no le gusta el altiplano

(That means my body does not like the elevation) No pictures right now because I forgot my camera cord, lo siento. Im taking lots of amazing photos. La Paz is incredible. Its in the mountains at 4000 feet above sea level. Im getting sick because of the four flights in two days, elevation difference, lack of sleep, different foods, and more. I mostly just get dizzy and my body aches, back ache, stomach ache, headache. But other than physical pains, Im very happy and enjoying my time here. When we got off the plane in La Paz it was 30 degrees fahrenheit  and it reminded me of November in Wisconsin. Th food is really similar to american food, just prepared a little differently. I had steak last night, and we had sides of rice, papas fritas (french fries), and a veggie which is really similar to potato, that was fried, so like big french fries, we ate those with hot sauce which was really good. For breakfast I had coffee. We are staying in a really nice hotel. My host father needed to visit the French embacy which is why we are here. We are staying in one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to, or seen. Its so great to be here. I start school on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Hailey - lots of water, pace yourself, no alcohol: all will help with altitude. Also the diet you mentioned is indeed different from that you left. To go from vegetarian options to steak is a big leap for your body to handle. Small portions, eat light. Good luck and thanks for posting. Fun to share your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourself, peace and Love

    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been eating meat since april, its mostly the altitude and im getting acold. i haven't been at the house so i dont have my vitamins.

    ReplyDelete