Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's only H1N1....no big deal

So today I went to school like any other day (in an extremely nice SUV with our driver), except when I got to school I wasn't greeted by my friends, I was greeted by the principal who told me there was no school. I asked why but he talked fast and couldn't understand. So I called my mom to pick me up. When we got home I asked why there wasn't any school for 10 days. She told me it was because 4 people in secondary school have H1N1 and they are closing school to give all the students vaccinations. The next day we have school is October 10th....my birthday, what luck. Well anyway, thankful for some time off. Exited for my trip with Rotary to some orchid festival 5 hours away, should be loads of fun. We're going with students form other Rotary clubs, so that adds to the fun factor!!
Woot. Glad I don't have H1N1!! Happy to be here!!

1 comment:

  1. Our school (in Maracaibo, Venezuela) was closed several days at a time for such things as no water in the city, bomb treats and political demonstrations. Like you said, enjoy the break and learn more Spanish by talking to the native Bolivians.

    Tio Sam

    ReplyDelete