Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finally Made It!!

After waiting for a very long time, I am actually in Bolivia. Its beautiful here. Everyone Ive met is so nice. My host parents are great. They have provided me with everything I could possibly need or want. Tomorrow I will fly with them to La Paz, the capitol city of Bolivia. It is only an hour flight, and it will be cold there. On my flight from Miami to Santa Cruz, the plane stopped in La Paz to let some people off. The captian said the temperature was 1 degree celcius, thats about 30 degrees ferenheit. Remember, summer in the northern hemisphere is the opposite here, so its winter. The city I live in is not cold though, Id say it is the same temperature as when I left Green Bay. But La Paz is up in the mountains so its much colder. Im happy to be here, and very exited to start school. Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent. Remember to post pictures. La Paz is very close to the highest lake in the World. One of the seven wonders of the world. Is La Paz really the capital? Let us know.... I think there are two capitals in Bolivia....

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your adventure, Hailey! It's fun to see a new country through your eyes.

    I'm looking forward to hearing more (and seeing photos!).

    xoxo
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you!

    What a lovely adventure, hopefully you have a picture taken with you and your host family soon, or the house you're staying in!

    Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. today was my first day, everything i saw i wanted to take a picture of. i didnt bring my camera the two times i went to town with my host family. im exited because i went to the school today and got a tour with the other exchange student Emily from indiana who i saw at the airport and in Michigan at a rotary conference....anyway, point of the story is that they asked what grade i would like to be in and i said junior then two minutes later they had mys chedule printed out for me, i didnt have to take a test or anhything.i was scared they would put me in sophomore. and today i told my host family a few things i needed, and within two hours i had everything on my short list. they are so amazing and listen to every word i say! also got fitted for my school uniform, pictures soon!!!

    ReplyDelete