Wednesday, October 12, 2011

three families in two days

On Monday, my birthday, I went to school after saying goodbye to my parents, and after school I went home and packed up to stay with my grandmother. After spending one night at Babo's (grandma) I moved to another family that will be my family while my parents are in France. My new family is great, my mom is the sister of my English teacher at school. I have two older brothers, I have always wanted an older brother, now I have three including Andy who I switched places with, he went to Michigan. I'm happy to have a different experience with another family, but I will stay with my original parents for the remainder of my exchange. It has been crummy weather here. raining and cloudy, and this time it was actually clouds blocking out the sun and not smog like some days. It's nice I suppose, at least I get to wear scarves, reminds me of fall in the Midwest. I refuse to admit  to being homesick, but there are some things I have been missing. I miss Autumn, I miss sitting around with the family on Friday nights with popcorn and a cheesy romantic comedy, and I miss my little brother. Love you, buddy <3.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very proud to say I am officially 16. No more being ashamed of my age!
    I don't need any gifts or celebrations for me to know it myself. I'm perfectly content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe..."perfectly content" makes me feel good too. Happy to hear that you have siblings, A switch of family will give you a wider perspective. I am surprised that you don't switch families 3 times? Are you teaching them english or is there only spanish spoken in this house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hailey,

    First off, Happy 16th Birthday!!! What an amazing gift you've received, experiencing Bolivia and growing as a human being, a being of the world!!! Dunno if you remember me or not, we met a few years back at my brother's Oscar Party, I really appreciate your very cool family!!! Finally, I got around to having your family, minus you, to our cottage on Miner Lake, look forward to our next year's gatherings, it'll be great to have you come out, you'll be able to give your firsthand telling of your amazing journey!!! Till then, I'll continue to experience your journey through your writings on your blog, I've read everything you've written, can't wait for your next post, don't leave me hanging!!!

    PEACE OUT,
    Tedd

    ReplyDelete