Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The sweetest girls

I have been volunteering at a girls home for abused and orphaned girls in my city. The organization is called Ramar and has projects for helping homeless people across the world. They mostly focus on helping adults who cannot support themselves or have problems with drugs. They give these people a home and education and get them back on their feet so they can function in society. This home is special because it is for girls form the ages of 4-17. There are 29 girls, out of that, 9 were sexually abused and 10 were physically abused and orphaned. They are all so happy so see me when I get there, they all swarm around me like bears around a honey comb. Although only a few of them speak a little bit of English, I teach them all I can and they are very eager to learn. I usually go there in the afternoon and stay for a couple hours. They love listening to music, dancing, singing, learning, posing for pictures, talking to me, playing games together, and just talking to me. They are the sweetest girls and so beautiful. My mother and I are helping out there taking pictures and making a profile for each girl that will be put into a booklet and distributed to many different schools, businesses, and also other countries with which we are associated (US and France). My school will be featuring this home in our classes social project and helping them to raise money to build their dream home and have everything they need to house everyone properly. This is such a great cause and I am so happy to be part of these girls lives and help out one girl at a time.




2 comments:

  1. You go girl!

    There is no better gift then one's time with someone who is in need.

    Love makes the world go around.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So HAPPY you are doing something constructive and meaningful while not in school. You will reap many rewards down the road, more than you realize now. NICE photos. I love the third one with you surrounded by Bolivian girls listening to your first world techno-gismo you can thank Steve Jobs for..... Mum

    ReplyDelete