Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Real Home

Yes, maybe I do miss Wisconsin a little bit, but I miss California a hell of a lot more. I see all my old friends on facebook and how awesome their lives are and I can't help wondering what my life would have been like if my parents hadn't spontaniously decided to move to the Midwest. We had such a good life there with so many friends and a nice house and we were happy. Now my family just pretends to be happy and find happiness in the limited things Waupaca has to offer, but really we aren't. I keep thinking how different and better things would have been if my parents had decided to buy a house in California. Yeah, I wouldn't have met all the amazing people in my life, but I would have met different amazing people who would have changed my life in different ways. And I know it's not good to dwell on what could have been, but I just miss it so much. One good thing about moving is I am now involved with Rotary and this whole process has changed my life. I don't think I would be a Rotary Exchange Student if we hadn't have moved. So thank you mom and dad for ruining my life, then brightening it forever. I guess the moral is sometimes good things happen from bad events in the long run, and I am truly grateful for that. But I am going back to California as soon as I can and no one can stop me because one thing I have learned through this exchange is you can do anything in the world and no one can stand in your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment