Sunday, October 30, 2011

The America I Never Knew

Friday night an again tonight I had the most amazing hamburger I have ever had. I am truly ashamed of America for being outdone by Bolivia in something that it claims to be the best at. Maybe it's just me though, maybe I am the one that never tried to find a REAL hamburger, but I lived in the U.S. for 16 years and never tasted such a juicy, rich, fresh hamburger. I ate it with Coca Cola, now that's an american meal! When my family served me the hambuger they put a fork and knife on my placemat, ha! I responded simply by showing them how we do things in America. Now, I have never really been THAT type of U.S. citizen, the kind who watched football on Sundays, is proud of our country winning wars, one who eats steaks and drinks Coke, but today I was more than happy to show some Bolivians my very proud american alter ego. So, I had a little taste of something I am, as an American, am supposed to be missing, when really what I'm missing is Sunday's with my caring family, omelets, bacon, orange juice and, of course, our famous Sunday morning donuts and coffee. But you know what? I love the Sunday traditions of my new families, and experiencing the culture here.

No comments:

Post a Comment