Sunday, January 1, 2012

Out With The Old In With 2012

I went to my friend Sarahs house for New Years. She lives in a condominium on the 11th floor. We all met up at her house, then walked to a nearby park to light off some fireworks. We had a wonderful time laughing and being crazy exchange students. Then for midnight we watched all the fireworks around the city. It was so beautiful. We all couldn't believe it was 2012, or that we were in Bolivia. We kept yelling "ESTAMOS EN SANTA CRUZ! 2012!! AAAHHHH" (Translation: we are in Santa cruz!!) We were giddy with exitement. After that we went to a small party with some friends of my brother and friends from a school that Marie and Lou from France and Sarah from New York go to. We had tons of fun with new friends that we made. My brother and I didn't get homeuntil 5:30, and the New Years party at my house was still going on!!! My mom was dancing and my dad was eating soup from a pot that could fit a small person. There was fake money allover the yard and everywhere in the house. It is good luck and will bring you much financial luck to have fake money on you when the new year comes. They sell it in the streets everywhere. We were all wondering why people were selling fake american money, now we know. I fell asleep around 9 in the morning, woke up, and went out for milkshakes with some friends. Now I'm more tired than ever. Even though I didn't go to a big club or party for New Years I will still never forget a wonderful night in Bolivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment