Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Male Influence

       Not so say in my life prior Bolivia I didnt have male influence, but here I seem to be surrounded by older guys who I look up to. For instance, I have always wanted an older brother. I have a younger brother, I am the oldest so I set the example. In my second host family here I have two older brothers, 21 and 26, who are a great deal of help in any way I need. My brother Diego, 21, is 5 years older than me, but still likes the same stuff I like, we have the same kind of fun, we watch the same types of movies. He teaches me a lot about teen culture in Santa Cruz, bringing me to parties with his friends and driving me places. He lives at the house so I see him everyday. My other brother German doesnt live at the house, but visits quite often. He is not in the samee age group as me, working at the office with my Father and having different interests, but he is still a big help and inspiration. And then there is my Host Father, he doesnt always talk a lot, but we get a long very well with a few words. Sometimes we will have a deep discussion about how im feeling about my exchange or how he is feeling about his life, his kids, and moste recently his son Diego who is dissapointing him and not living up to his expectations, but thats a whole different post I have in mind.

     Its refreshing to have so many male influences, I think this will be beneficial in teh long run and help me grow in different and better ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment