Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It Ate My Credit Card!

So, my tour of Bolivia that I will be taking with other exchange students is coming up and we need to start paying in advance. Kirsten and I went to the main plaza for pizza and to get money from an ATM since we both have credit cards. Well, I went first and attempted to extract my money. Long story short the machine ate my credit card and wouldn't spit it back out. Kirsten tried her card and it worked perfectly even with mine still inside. So she got her money and everything was fine with hers.We went to the bank of which the ATM was run by, told them our problem, and the guy said since they just opened it up this morning, I will have to wait until Friday afternoon to retrieve my credit card. I stomped around and got a little upset. He assured me that no one could access my account or get my card, and that this has happened before. Guess who's not getting my business anymore? So we got pizza and reflected on things that have happened to us that would never happen in the states. At some point we stopped talking about it and ended the conversation by just saying "Oh, Bolivia....What are you gonna do?" So Kirsten was successful in giving the Rotary secretary her money and she made me feel better by buying me ice cream and we saw a movie together. It was a day that 6 months ago I would have thought to be very stressful and I would probably be very angry, but at this point things like this happening to me is a normal occurance, so I laughed it off and had a good time with my friend. So reffering to my last post, this is an example of how I now deal with my frustration/anger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment