Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve my parents held a dinner party at our house. I got ready and went downstairs to hepl my dad in the kitchen. He told me what I could do to help was get ready. Sadly, I thought I was dressed up enough, but Bolivian dressing up is nothing like American dressing up. So I went to my bathroom to put more makeup on and my nicest dress. Even with all that the people who came to our party looked really amazing. My cousins arrived and I got to sit at the big kid table! Unlike my family at home most of my cousins are around my age. I felt really at home and perfectly content. We sat outside and drank fancy drinks and listened to the neighbors light off fireworks for hours. Hours I tell you! Well, at midnight everyone got up, my host cousin from Belgium, Charlotte and I looked at each other with a look like "whats going on?" Our cousins told us that we all have to tell everyone Merry Christmas. So we hugged and kissed everyone at the party and then we ate a lot of turkey and rice and veggies. Also someone made Onion Rings which everyone loved and I told them the about me and my dad and my brother going to the Harbor Bar in the summer in Waupaca and getting Onion Rings and how I love them so much. So after stuffing ourselves with a lot of meat, and saying bye to everyone, my cousin Carolina and I went out to go to a Discoteca. We danced so much and drank a lot of Red Bull so we had a lot of energy. I had a really great time with her and her boyfriend. I met some really cool people, because the club we went to wasn't like other clubs, it was more underground and indie. I thought it was so cool to go out to a club on Christmas Eve! So different.  So, I got home pretty late, but there were still people awake. Christmas Day was pretty lazy. We went to our families pool house in the country to meet Charlottes family who is visiting from Belgium. Again we ate a lot of meat including a dish of sea food with Octopus and shrimp cooled over a fire. At night I Skyped with my family in Wisconsin while they were all together having our annual Christmas Party at my aunts house in the country. Even the two oldest cousins Jack and Carrie were there even though they both live far away. I was the only one missing. It was very nice to see everyone and talk to them and tell them about my amazing time in Bolivia. I especially enjoyed seeing how happy my Grandmother was to see me. I don't think she quite understood what Skype is, but she was happy she got to say Merry Christmas to me and I was very glad to see her on this special day.
It was a wonderful holiday away from home, but in a new home with a wonderful family.










1 comment:

  1. Hailey, everyone missed you at Aunt Sandys on Christmas Day. I am so glad we could skype so gramma tillie could see you. It made her Christmas as she was missing you so much.
    I am glad you had a nice Christmas - It was not the same without you here.
    very quiet.

    ReplyDelete