Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Being Sick

Having altitude sickness is not something that everyone experiences. Many of the other exchange students brought altitude sickness pills from their countries or bought them for the trip here. I bought some pills at a local Pharmacy a few days before the trip. I took them the day before as recomended but somehow I still got sick, what are you gonna do, right?
In the last 24 hours I have left my bed 4 times. Twice to use the bathroom, once to vomit, and one very painful trip down to the food area in the hotel to have some bread and tea. Other than that I have been in my bed, or one of the other 2 beds in this room. I cannot seem to find a comfortable position to sleep or just sit. When I get up the room spins and my eyes bulge. My stomach feels like there are some sort of tiny creature writhing inside me. Today I am a little better, when I went downstairs to breakfast I didn't feel like vomiting, so that was a plus. I'm 89% sure I'm making a fast and healthy recovery.
I don't mind the room service bringing me Coca leaf tea and soup, that makes my life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment