Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Past Few Days

The past few days have been a haze. Being sick in Bolivia is mighty uncomfortable. When you have a runny nose and cough, the heat is terrible, when you have indigestion and tummy aches, its even worse. When your maid somehow lost the remote control to your air conditioning over 2 months ago and now the only form of cooling you have is a fan that has two settings, so low you can hardly feel it or extremely high that it hurts almost. Not being able to eat a lot of food because the only food in your house is meat or rice and you just want some fruit. I drink so much water I sometimes wonder how it is even possible for my body to hold it all.

I lay in my bed. I drink water. I watch reruns of friends, then I watch them again. I make the journey downstairs to refill my water bottle. I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment