Thursday, April 12, 2012

bolivian driving....but worse.

It´s no secret that south american roads are a lot more hectic than, let´s say, the states. Now, I have gotten used to the honking, the taxi´s swerving in an out of lanes, EVERYONE swerving in and out of lanes, the sharp turns with no regard for oncoming traffic. Since my family can´t drive me to school everyday, I have a ride from a lady who drives other kids to school, not really sure what her connection with any of the schools are since she doesn´t have kids, I guess she is just a driver. For being a person who gets paid to drive children around, I must say, she is the absolute worst driver I have ever seen or been in a car with. She often drives on the wrong side of the road, she passes cars without looking for oncoming traffic, she honks at any car that will come within 10 feet of her car, and she takes speed bumps dangerously fast. I always sit in front, which means I look straight ahead and can see every treacherous turn we take. Sometimes I have to close my eyes and TRY not to imagine the car being squished by a semi that she speeds around. Also, since the roads are not exactly flat here, there are lots of bumps, and when you add small bumps in the road to a high speed, you get a sore butt. I wish I could have anotehr way of getting to school, but for now it seems I will have to deal with Bolivias craziest driver.

1 comment:

  1. fun. see the adventure in it. live and learn. You will never be afraid of CA freeways again then.

    ReplyDelete