Friday, December 23, 2011

Feliz Navidad

I went to a Christmas dinner for my fathers office. I was told to dress fancy. We got there and there were 4 large round tables with blue silk table clothes set up outside. The plastic chairs had white covers with matching blue ribbons on them. As we walked in, two men carried a platter with a whole roast pig complete with an apple in it's mouth. A lot of my fathers family was there because many of them work together, so it was more or less a family gathering with some of the office hands and their families. I told my cousin that I had been a vegetarian for more than a year before coming here and even though I do eat meat, it would be hard to eat a pig when it looks like that. But in the end I did eat the pig, regardless of the fact that it practically had eyes that could see me eating  its insides. We ate pig, drank sangria and listened to people singing Karyoke love songs until midnight. We danced until we were sore, then we went home, had some hot chocolate and slept like babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment