Saturday, November 26, 2011

The.Rotary.Gala. :)

So, my father is a Rotarian, and he was the Master of Ceremonies so he had to go earlier. I waited until 9 when my Mom's friend came and picked us up in a very, very nice car. We got to the Hotel, and I was absolutely astounded at how incredible it was. Like fountains and pool bars and waiters with white gloves. When we found the banquet room where the Gala was I was surprised to find everyone was already ere, sitting at the white tables with three sets of forks and two glasses. I wasn't surprised that my moms friend would have wanted to arrive fashionable late, as we walked in everyone in the room was looking at her, you couldn't blame them, her dress was floor length, tight in the middle, sleeveless on one side with a large black rose on the other shoulder. It was very stunning. I saw all my exchange friends and went to sit at their table. We tried to keep quiet while people were presenting, but we were all so happy and we just kept giggling and making faces across the table. Eventually the speakers stopped and they played music and we just kind hung around and had some fun.  After some dancing and socializing they brought out a cake, all the important people stood around and they took pictures and sang Happy Birthday to our Rotary club for its 23 birthday. Then my parents came over and made me dance with them. We were the only people dancing, and it was Salsa and I didn't know how to dance, then Matilde from France and Charlotte from Belgium came and danced with me. After a while we were dancing crazy and we didn't care how stupid we looked. There was a live band playing Bolivian type music and it was really fun dancing with my parents and all the Rotarians. After a while they served the appetizer, which was raw fish on top of avocados. Most of the girls from the exchange table didn't like it. I thought it tasted alright but I couldn't get over the raw part. we danced and laughed some more, then we had the main course of steak and some vegetable stuffed with other vegatables and an egg type thing. After that there was more dancing, much more dancing, then cake, then more dancing, then things winded down and people started to leave. All but me and Charlotte, my parents and maybe 12 other people were there. We sat around with the really loud music. We tried talking but the music was just so loud! As the night winded down, guests slowly left,the band packed up and left, I couldn't help but just be amazed at what a wonderful Gala it was and, most importantly, what a wonderful life here in Bolivia I have.

















2 comments:

  1. NICE PICS - more of you an get the names ( in spanish ) of foods you describe , especially the ones you like..... Pics - hold camera still.

    ReplyDelete