Wednesday, November 23, 2011

In The Nick of Time.

So people say that it's the little things in life that really make a difference, and in my life this has been proven true.  I have been feeling a little down lately, not for any specific reason, just having the exchange student downs. Well, tonight I went to my first house for a snack and a little get together with my first parents. And as I was collecting the rest of my things I felt a little regret. Was I making the right choice by switching families? Was this what's best for me right now? What would my life be like if I stayed here as apposed to my other house? And most of all I felt really bad about leaving the two nicest people I know in Bolivia. They helped me so much in that first month, I feel so bad for leaving them like this. But life has taught me not to regret anything, so I'm sticking with my choice, however difficult. And I now know that there's no going back. So, as I walked into my (kinda) new house, loaded down with bags of my stuff, I felt heavy, sad, remorseful, then, as if he knew exactly what would make me happy, as I entered the kitchen my father held up a bottle of my favorite peach flavored yogurt and a bag of my favorite chocolate cereal, saying a few of the words he knows in English, "for you". This made me so happy, and now I know I have made the right decision. This is such a wonderful family I am so lucky to be a part of it. I'm right where I'm supposed to be. So even when I'm in a tough place I know that everywhere I am there will be people who care about me and will help me in rough times. Life is good and there's no point in being sad.

3 comments:

  1. La vida está llena de opciones. A veces las opciones se interponen en el camino de la vida. Viaje de cinco o diez kilometros en cualquier dirección desde donde usted está parado. A continuación, mire a su alrededor. Usted verá que la mayoría de la gente en donde quiera que esté no tiene la posibilidad de elegir. Muchas veces dije a mi esposa en las conversaciones que tal vez sería mejor que no tomar una decisión. La moraleja de esta historia es que debemos sentirnos afortunados de que tenemos la oportunidad de ser capaz de tomar una decisión.

    Feliz Día de Accion de Gracias de Sheboygan, Wisconsin 53081 EE.UU. - América del Norte.

    Tío Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY Remember to Thank your first host parents for everything they did for you. Especially since today is Thanksgiving. I would also send a written Thank you note to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more postings - you are loosing your readership.....

    ReplyDelete