Thursday, November 3, 2011

Estoy Enferma

That means "I'm sick". Which I am, very. Now, don't be alarmed, it's not some freaky skin eating Amazon virus, it's simply a common cold accompanied with a little fever. Now at home I would just wait this out, drink tea, sleep, maybe some cod fish oil, and LOTS of vitamins! But here the natural way doesn't exist. They say the humidity and stuff could cause an infection, so of course, they loaded me with drugs. Pills, liquids, cough syrup, and stuff I didn't recognize. I am advised not to use the air conditioning, but that's okay it's only about 100 degrees! And I have to wear socks 24/7, and I am not a person who can sleep with socks on, or sleep with a raging cough, but I get past that with some of the medicine I have for sleeping. And despite all the fancy medicines they gave me, I still think I get the most benefit from the tons of vitamins my mom packed along with me. And water, water definitely helps. So, here I am, laying in bed for 3 days strait, taking vitamins, pills, antibiotics, cough syrups and more...lets hope these Bolivian way will help me!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Honey, I am so sad you are sick.. Good of you to take vitamins and drink lots of water. Read the side affects of any medicine you take - use google translate if you don't understand the spanish and you can wicki any ingredients you know. Less is better and time will heal.. And I just made thai chicken soup and drinking ginger, beet carrot juice. Dang. Both you could use. - mom

    ReplyDelete