Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Trapped in Bolivia

I went to the airport the morning if June 10th with all the exchange students minus the 3 who had left. I checked in, we went upstairs, the girls threw tons of glitter on me, my parents gave me gifts. We cried as we said our final goodbyes. I walked away from the 15 people who have made this year so incredibly wondeful and who have helped me grow and change in so many ways. I went threw security crying and shedding glitter everywhere. I waited in line for about an hour, then showed the people my passport, papers and boarding pass. They showed me to a counter off to the side of the line where a man asked me for my parental consent papers, I gave them the one my real parents had signed last year, they barely glanced at it and just said "No". They asked me who was giving me persmission, I told them all of my parents. They said if I didn't have proof of that, I couldn't leave because I am under 18. I told them I dont know what kind of papers they want, they told me to call my dad to have him come back to the airport. After calling Kirsten to tell my dad to come back, they told me the doors were already closed and I coulnd't get on. I waited in a scary secluded staircase until someone came to take me to the main area of the airport. My host father, Kirsten, Charlotte, Matilde, Diego and Lou all came back and met me and helpedme with my bags, My father talked with the people to figure out why I couldn't leave. We went home. I called my real parents then slept all day. So now, after meeting with Rotary, Lawyers, Government officials, and signing things, we are almost all set for me to fly out Thursday.

It turns out this law was only made last month!! And no one knew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment