Saturday, May 26, 2012

Te Quiero Todas

The past few weeks have been great, but with an undertone of sadness as we are all thinking about going home.When the girls get together, we say a lot of things like "mi amor, mi vida, te quiero" (my love, my life, I love you). I have become very close with all the girls in Rotary in this city, we know each other so well, and we know we will miss each other, but we also know that this is NOT the last time we will be seeing each other.

I know sometimes I may tell people "you wont understand the exchange student connection until you are an exchange student", and that is because the connection we have is so strong because of the situation we are in, we lean on each other to help us through. We may joke around and make fun of each other and do silly things, but our relationships are really very deep. The other day my friend Emily from Cobleskill, New York made an interesting statement, she said

"We are more than friends, more than sisters, there is no word to describe how close we are......we are exchange students, and that bond you can never break".

It was such a true statement that after she said it we all sat in awe for a few minutes just thinking of how true it is.

Emily is leaving next Friday, June 1st, she is the first of our close group to leave, and I think it will be then it will all finally sink in that this year is almost over. Even though some girls aren't leaving until late july or august, I don't think it will be the same without ALL of us.

I guess we will just have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment