Thursday, May 10, 2012

coming home...oh man

A little more than 30 days until I am back on U.S. soil. I have many doubts. Doubts about leaving, doubts about returning. I guess my overall feeling is comfort in knowing that the people back home are going to be happy to see me. But it's very hard to think that the times we have here will never happen again. I will never be in Bolivia with the 14 other exchange students, living with this family, doing these things that are so normal for me right now. If I do come back,which I plan on, it wont be the same at all. 
I do think about home a lot. Waupaca, my house, my friends, especially my school. I think of how great it is, sometimes of how much I don't like it, but what I'm struggling with currently is all these thoughts I am having about Waupaca, most of them are just made up because I have been away for so long I almost forgot about what it REALLY is like. So everything I think Wisconsin is going to be like, it will probably not be that way. I am setting myself up for disappointment, I know, but there is nothing i can do about it. My eyes tear up when I think about leaving my dear Canadian friend Kirsten and all the other girls I love, I am going to really try hard to keep in touch, because who knows, having friends around the world is never a bad idea. 

In my "Happy Place" we are all together backpacking Europe, speaking Spanish, having the time of our lives (again). I will leave this post on a happy note, because I am happy. :)







1 comment:

  1. it will all work out. just take it day by day. create the life you want back in Rural.... stay connected with your new Rotary Friends & your host family in Bolivia. Make new friends, keep the old, some are silver and some are Gold. Your old friends will welcome you with open arms and you all will reconnect and catch up on a year gone bye. You all are the same beautiful folks, but just had different experiences. On a deeper level reconnect with your CA friends as you will reconnect with them soon. So many friends, so many choices in life. Lucky you...

    ReplyDelete