Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Monday Rain Tuesday Heat

When I got in the car of the lady who drives me to school, the weather was looking good, some grey clouds, but sunny. It started getting darker throughout the morning, and during 1 period, it rained so much that the streets surrounding the school started to flood. We walked in the classroom just as it began to rain, and about an hour later we walked out and all the hallways had about an inch of water in them and the roof was leaking over the stairwell. The rain was so loud we sometimes had to shout to speak to each other. We looked over the balcony on the third story and saw that the water was halfway up the tires of the cars and people walking were actually wading though the streets. During our break I tried very hard not to get my new leather shoes wet, but it took some effort. But by the end of the day all the streets were cleared, but the school was still a bit flooded. The ride home was problem free unlike Friday where the streets were so flooded the car couldn't move and we had to hail a taxi to go the rest of the way to school.
Tuesday started off a bit fresco (chilly) but ended up being very hot and humid. Everyone was complaining and wining all day about the classrooms not having air conditioning. Our English classroom had was air conditioned, it was nice. When I got home I took a cold shower and put the fan on full blast, and I was still hot.
Ups and downs, that describes my life in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment